Immunoglobulin repertoires: Antibodies are an essential element of the adaptive immune system. These antigen-specific B cell receptors are generated by molecular mechanisms such as recombination of V, D and J DNA segments, nucleotides additions and deletions and somatic hypermutations, resulting in large repertoires of antibodies. Characterizing these repertoires, developing methods to understand the mechanisms behind their generation and ultimately infer about the development of B cells starting in the bone marrow and ending in the peripheral blood and secondary lymphoid tissues.
1) Perera J, Zheng Z, Li S, Gudjonson H, Kalinina O, Benichou JI, Block KE, Louzoun Y, Yin D, Chong AS, Dinner AR, Weigert M, Huang H. Self-Antigen-Driven Thymic B Cell Class Switching Promotes T Cell Central Tolerance. Cell Rep. 2016 Oct 4;17(2):387-398.
2) Liberman G, Benichou JI, Maman Y, Glanville J, Alter I, Louzoun Y. Estimate of within population incremental selection through branch imbalance in lineage trees. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016 Mar 18;44(5):e46.
3) Yaari G, Benichou JI, Vander Heiden JA, Kleinstein SH, Louzoun Y. The mutation patterns in B-cell immunoglobulin receptors reflect the influence of selection acting at multiple time-scales. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2015 Sep 5;370(1676).
4) Liberman G, Benichou J, Tsaban L, Glanville J, Louzoun Y. Multi Step Selection in Ig H Chains is Initially Focused on CDR3 and Then on Other CDR Regions. Front Immunol. 2013 Sep 17;4:274.
5) Benichou J, Glanville J, Prak ET, Azran R, Kuo TC, Pons J, Desmarais C, Tsaban L, Louzoun Y. The restricted DH gene reading frame usage in the expressed human antibody repertoire is selected based upon its amino acid content. J Immunol. 2013 Jun 1;190(11):5567-77.
6) Benichou J, Ben-Hamo R, Louzoun Y, Efroni S. Rep-Seq: uncovering the immunological repertoire through next-generation sequencing. Immunology. 2012 Mar;135(3):183-91.
7) Maman Y, Blancher A, Benichou J, Yablonka A, Efroni S, Louzoun Y. Immune-induced evolutionary selection focused on a single reading frame in overlapping hepatitis B virus proteins. J Virol. 2011 May;85(9):4558-66.